- Fiscal austerity in a recession is bad policy – really, really bad policy. (The numbers from Europe tell the story – see graphic above.)
- A strongly-worded denouncement of the potential Grand Bargain
- Whenever well-off individuals and organizations talk about tax ‘reform’ keep an eye on your wallet.
- A few words about the coalition which got Pres. Obama re-elected.
- Drew Linzer’s self-evaluation of his election forecasting model. (Linzer is not as well known as Nate Silver but his forecasts are comparably good.)
- Richer people continue to prefer Republicans.
- In a saner world this would be the real Petreaus story.
- I wonder, what fraction of patronage hires actually turn out well?
Wake up! calls to the GOP in the wake of last Tuesday
- An open letter from a really White guy. (He just might be my long-lost brother.)
- Matt Taibbi, another really White guy, weighs in.
- Former Lt.Gov. and Acting Gov. Jane Swift
- No matter how low the bar is set, Romney can’t get over it.
- Wither the Fourth Amendment?
- Trashing NYT columnist Tom Friedman is hardly sporting but it can be good fun. (If you saw a hand grenade lying on the ground, why exactly would you pull the pin? I’m at a loss to understand…)
- Renewable energy in Germany